COVID-19 Pandemic Collections at Lakehead University Archives
Lakehead University Archives is working to collect records related to the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the Thunder Bay and Orillia regions. As projects develop they will be described here.
If you have any documents you would like to donate to the Archives, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 and the Student Experience Project
As part of a project running 2020-2021, we invite all students to contribute materials to a Digital Collection that will be preserved locally. Our goal is to collect and document the stories and experiences of Lakehead University students throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. These first-hand experiences will not only be of significant value to future researchers studying these times, they will also preserve and make accessible the lived experiences of our community members.
Examples of possible content include, but are not limited to:
- Images: photographs, artwork
- Audio files: songs, voice recordings
- Videos: video recordings, gifs, moving images
- Journals: diaries, written stories and messages
- Files: posters, community notices, emails
- Content must be related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Content must be submitted by a Lakehead University student
For more information about this project, please email us. Submission forms will be available soon.
The pandemic response is also reflected in our regular collections of web materials:
- Lakehead University
- Northwestern Ontario Governments and Services
- Orillia and Simcoe County Governments and Services
Please also see projects developed by other local institutions: